Have you ever looked at a map and really wondered about the information stored within?
In this class that spans fall & spring semesters, we will start by exploring the maps in the incredible book: All Over the Map: A Cartographic Odyssey by Mason & Miller. They will take us on a journey into what went into making some of the most incredible maps in the world. Next, we will use the book as a springboard to explore those areas of the world (and others) in more depth and with more detail, including cultures, science, history, and more.
Join us as we explore:
- Our Earth’s waterways and how they shaped the land.
- Our cities and their secrets.
- Conflicts and changing political borders.
- Landscapes and our Earth’s topography.
- Economies and presenting data.
- Maps based on science– it’s not just about geology.
- Humans and their experiences, culture, and more.
- Mapping the world– bringing it all together.
- Our creativity, using our imaginations.
Through this exploration, we will discover more about the world and its history. And along the way, we will find out more about our past, our present, and ourselves.
“I cannot thank you enough for this year with our son. He has absolutely LOVED learning with you. He has looked forward to each live session, and has been excited to share so many things he has learned throughout the year. ” ~Parent Pia R.