Optional activities designed to reinforce classroom topics and promote collaboration with peers.
At Athena’s, our courses include activities designed to promote collaboration with peers. Many of our elementary, Middle School, and Junior High classes include activities where students create builds designed to reinforce classroom topics on our Minecraft™ servers. Students meet on our Minecraft™ servers to build or play together.
Using Minecraft™ and playing/building on Athena’s Minecraft™ servers is purely optional.
Athena’s has three active servers:
- Zeus’ Domain (peaceful mode) — In Zeus’ Domain, students build projects for their courses. Students may individually and collaboratively complete optional activities relating to topics covered in the classrooms and webinars.
- Daedalus’ Workshop (normal mode) — In Daedalus’ Workshop, students create mini-games for each other to play.
- Athena’s Province (survival mode with monsters) — Requested and named by our students, in Athena’s Province, students must work together to survive, promoting wisdom and collaboration.
Minecraft™ is an online game where players use cubes to create an imaginary world and is very popular with the students at Athena’s.
- Curious about Minecraft? This article discusses Minecraft’s value in education: 5 Lessons To Learn From Minecraft In Education.
- This LinkedIn post discusses Minecraft’s value: Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurs Are Playing #Minecraft Today
- Athena’s does not use Minecraft Education. Minecraft Education is set up to teach students through Minecraft. We use Minecraft to reinforce what is being learned in Athena’s courses. Our Minecraft servers allow for student flexibility.
- Participating on the Athena’s Minecraft servers is optional.
- At parental discretion and if desired, parents are responsible for creating a Minecraft account for their student at https://minecraft.net/
- Students must have an active Minecraft account (created by their parent or legal guardian) to participate on Athena’s Minecraft servers.
- Athena’s servers are not available on Minecraft’s pocket edition.
- More information about Minecraft at Athena’s can be found on Athena’s COPPA Notice– Open Notice To Parents and Legal Guardians
- Athena’s is not compensated by Minecraft™. Any interaction of a student and/or their parent with Minecraft™ is solely at their own discretion and risk.
- Official notice, with formatting specified by Mojang, Minecraft’s parent company:
- ATHENA’S IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH MINECRAFT. ATHENA’S DOES NOT SELL MINECRAFT. ATHENA’S IS NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH MOJANG.