Optional activities designed to reinforce classroom topics and promote collaboration with peers.
At Athena’s, our courses include activities designed to promote collaboration with peers. Many of our elementary, Middle School, and Junior High classes include activities where students create builds designed to reinforce classroom topics on our Minecraft™ servers. Students meet on our Minecraft™ servers to build or play together.
Athena’s has two active servers:
- Zeus’ Domain (peaceful mode) — In Zeus’ Domain, students build projects for their courses. Students may individually and collaboratively complete optional activities relating to topics covered in the classrooms and webinars.
- Athena’s Province (survival mode with monsters) — Requested and named by our students, in Athena’s Province, students must work together to survive, promoting wisdom and collaboration.
Minecraft™ is an online game where players use cubes to create an imaginary world and is very popular with the students at Athena’s.
- Curious about Minecraft? This article discusses Minecraft’s value in education: 5 Lessons To Learn From Minecraft In Education.
- This LinkedIn post discusses Minecraft’s value: Tomorrow’s Entrepreneurs Are Playing #Minecraft Today
Students who wish to create a Minecraft account must do so with their parent’s assistance at https://minecraft.net/
- Athena’s servers are not available on Minecraft’s pocket edition.
- Official notice, with formatting specified by Mojang, Minecraft’s parent company:
- ATHENA’S IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH MINECRAFT. ATHENA’S DOES NOT SELL MINECRAFT. ATHENA’S IS NOT APPROVED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH MOJANG.