You’ve been trained as a jury member, but what is it really like to serve on a jury? Here’s your chance to find out!
You’ll be serving on a civil Mock Court jury held by Athena’s lawyer-students in the Trial Law and Mock Court class. Please refer to the current webinar schedule to determine the day and time of Trial Law & Mock Court class. At that time in January, you will be called to Jury Duty and attend the trial webinar. You will help decide the outcome of their class using all the knowledge you gained in the Jury Basics class.
Note to parents:
- Be aware that this class will be discussing court cases which inherently involve crimes. While every effort has been taken to avoid the more egregious crimes, there will still be mention of criminal proceedings. Please stay involved with your student during this class since you best know what s/he can and can’t handle.
- Students must plan to attend all webinars during the eight week spent in trial. If a webinar will be missed, plans must be made with the instructor.
- Students must complete the Free* Jury Service Basics course before this class, though it need not be immediately preceding this class.
- *Students are automatically enrolled in the Jury Service Basics asynchronous class when they enroll in this Civil Jury Service course. Please note, the official course start date for the Civil Jury Service course or the Criminal Jury Service course is the start date of the Jury Service Basics asynchronous class — the enrollment date.
- Please contact Prof. Deborah at email@example.com for more information.