Do you love to explore history in a “wibbly wobbly, timey wimey” way? We have the course for you! Presenting History for Whovians! Explore the fascinating historical events behind the settings of some of your favorite Doctor Who episodes.
Our lessons begin with The Doctor’s adventures after the Time War. We’ll follow The Doctor as he goes into the past (and a little into the future) and explore the episodes from a historical perspective to deepen our understanding of world events while The Doctor was visiting. Come join us for History with our favorite Time Lord!
Summer Semester: Features the 12th Doctor
- Every week we explore a different historical time period. The time period is determined by the individual Doctor Who episodes.
- Please note — Some Doctor Who episodes may not be appropriate for sensitive or younger students. Parents should not have any reservations about their child watching and discussing the events in any of the Doctor Who episodes. Students should be at least 8 years of age to take this course.
- Summer episodes and explorations include:
- Deep Breath – Aspects of Victorian England
- Robot of Sherwood – Robin Hood
- Mummy on the Orient Express – Mummies & the Orient Express
- In the Forest of the Night – Trafalgar Square History
- The Girl Who Died – Vikings
- The Woman Who Lived – 1415 & 1600s London
Explore the facts others miss!
Note to parents:
- If your child is new to Doctor Who, please be advised that the episodes can get a little frightening. Parents may want to preview the episode titled Blink to determine readiness.
The History for Whovians series follows in progression:
- History for Whovians: Fall Semester
- History for Whovians: Spring Semester
- History for Whovians: Summer Semester (8-weeks, occasionally offered)