This is an introductory course in a series of Mental Math classes. Mental Math A course is for Elementary age students who are confident with multiplication tables and ready to learn a few new tricks to increase their computation skills.
Kids will feel like geniuses with newly found confidence in math computation and easy-to-use mental math strategies they will learn in class. Students will learn time-saving tricks for fast and easy addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
Students will learn:
- To use mental math to find estimations.
- Basic strategies: Make up, break up and compensate.
- Combining numbers for easy addition.
- Patterns of 10 and 100.
- Chunking numbers for multiplication and division.
- Easy tricks for number 9.
- Practicing to improve our memory.
- Patterns in 100 chart.
- Doubles and halves.
- Money math.
- Applying mental math to problem-solving.
Note to parents:
- Students need to know their multiplication tables up to x12 in order to enroll in this class.
- Mental Math is offered in two different sections: Section A and Section B. Students may take these sections in any order.