This facilitated discussion group provides an opportunity for gifted students to discuss a variety of topics in a supportive group of true peers.
Each eight-week group will begin with a warm-up/ice breaker class, followed by six discussion topics (four pre-selected, two determined by the group), and ending with a wrap up class.
It is important to understand that this is a discussion group, not a therapy group. Each class will be supplemented by resources on the topic and forums in which students can share their experiences and reflections.
Students are encouraged to take both sections of this course.
Middle Eight-Week Class II:
- Week 1 – Warm-Up/Ice Breakers
- Week 2 – A Question of Values (Identity)
- Week 3 – Understanding Underachievement (Identity)
- Week 4 – Satisfaction In Life (Future)
- Week 5 – Angry! (Feelings)
- Week 6 – TBD (Subtopic from one of the following umbrella areas: Identity, Stress, Relationships, Feelings, Family, Future)
- Week 7 – TBD (Subtopic from one of the following umbrella areas: Identity, Stress, Relationships, Feelings, Family, Future)
- Week 8 – Wrap Up