Do you love to explore history in a “wibbly wobbly, timey wimey” way? We have the course for you! Presenting History for Whovians! Explore the fascinating historical events behind the settings of some of your favorite Doctor Who episodes.
Our lessons begin with The Doctor’s adventures after the Time War. We’ll follow The Doctor as he goes into the past (and a little into the future) and explore the episodes from a historical perspective to deepen our understanding of world events while The Doctor was visiting. Come join us for History with our favorite Time Lord!
Fall Semester: Features the 9th & 10th Doctors
- Every week we explore a different historical time period. The time period is determined by the individual Doctor Who episodes.
- Please note — Some Doctor Who episodes may not be appropriate for sensitive or younger students. Parents should not have any reservations about their child watching and discussing the events in any of the Doctor Who episodes. Students should be at least 8 years of age to take this course.
- Fall episodes and explorations include:
- The Unquiet Dead – Victorian Times & Charles Dickens
- Empty Child & Doctor Dances – Royal Air Force & The Blitz
- Tooth and Claw – Queen Victoria
- Girl in the Fireplace – Madame de Pompadour
- The Idiot’s Lantern – History of Television & the Coronation
- Fear Her – The Olympics
- The Shakespeare Code – Shakespeare
- Daleks in Manhattan & Evolution of Daleks – Manhattan & the Great Depression
- Human Nature & The Family of Blood – 19th Century England & Racial Tension
- Voyage of the Damned – The Titanic
- The Fires of Pompeii – Pompeii
- Unicorn and the Wasp – Agatha Christie
Explore the facts others miss!
Note to parents:
- History for Whovians – Spring Semester follows this course in the same time slot in the spring.