Do you love to explore history in a “wibbly wobbly, timey wimey” way? We have the course for you! Presenting History for Whovians! Explore the fascinating historical events behind the settings of some of your favorite Doctor Who episodes.
Our lessons begin with The Doctor’s adventures after the Time War. We’ll follow The Doctor as he goes into the past (and a little into the future) and explore the episodes from a historical perspective to deepen our understanding of world events while The Doctor was visiting. Come join us for History with our favorite Time Lord!
Spring Semester: Features the 10th & 11th Doctors
- Every week we explore a different historical time period. The time period is determined by the individual Doctor Who episodes.
- Please note — Some Doctor Who episodes may not be appropriate for sensitive or younger students. Parents should not have any reservations about their child watching and discussing the events in any of the Doctor Who episodes. Students should be at least 8 years of age to take this course.
- Spring episodes and explorations include:
- The Next Doctor – Victorian England
- The Waters of Mars – Our Relationship with Mars
- Victory of the Daleks – Churchill England
- Vampires of Venice – Venice and the Black Death
- Vincent and The Doctor – Vincent van Gogh
- Pandorica & The Big Bang – The Romans & The Big Bang
- The Impossible Astronaut & Day of the Moon – Nixon & The Space Race
- Curse of the Black Spot – Pirates
- Let’s Kill Hitler – Hitler
- The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe – WWII from the homefront & The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe
- Dinosaurs on a Spaceship – Dinosaurs & Nefertiti
- A Town Called Mercy – The Wild West
- Cold War – The Cold War
Explore the facts others miss!
Note to Parents:
- History for Whovians – Summer Session follows this course in the same time slot in the summer.