Introduction To Python Workshop – Junior Instructor
NEW Course! “I’m super thrilled to share my passion for coding through this course! Introduction to Python Workshop equips you with the fundamentals of coding in one of the most widely used and versatile programming languages in the world. By the end of this course you will understand intriguing concepts such as decision-making, storing data, and drawing patterns with Python. Join us for this exciting coding journey!” ~ Ben the Python Enthusiast
Step 1: Register Your Student
Step 2: Enroll Your Registered Student
|Junior Instructor||Ben the Python Enthusiast|
|Content Levels||Grades 6-7 • Middle School|
Grades 7-8 • Junior High
|Course Length||8 Weeks|
|Live Webinars Held On||Mondays, 11:00 - 11:50 AM Pacific - 1/22/24 - 3/16/24|
This Introduction to Python Workshop covers the fundamental concepts of Python programming in detail. No prior programming knowledge or experience is required to take this course! By the end of this workshop, you will be able to call and define functions, as well as utilize variables to code more complex programs. You will also understand the idea of loops, drawing patterns with turtles, manipulating strings, and conditionals. Additionally, we will spend a week on coding a creative final project to combine everything you have learned!
The homework in this class includes interactive and dynamic coding activities, troubleshooting forums, quizzes, and comprehensive readings to guide you through the topic we cover any given week. By the end of this workshop, you’ll have a strong foundation of Python programming and will have adequate experience to create programs on your own.
What to expect in the Required section in the classroom each week:
- Read three short readings to reinforce webinar concepts (only requires 5-10 minutes each)
- Work on 1-2 required coding activities to demonstrate understanding and strengthen concept mastery
- Watch occasional related supplementary YouTube videos
- Complete occasional quizzes on crucial concepts
What to expect in the Highly Suggested & Optional sections in the classroom each week:
- Complete complementary readings
- Watch additional YouTube videos on optional learnings
- Discover real-life applications of Python concepts and programs
- Troubleshooting forum for issues in coding activities
What to expect during the weekly webinar:
- Each webinar will have a duration of approximately 50 minutes.
- Each webinar will cover the concepts necessary for completing coding activities for the week.
- Webinars feature an interactive teaching style including group coding activities, walkthroughs, and discussion questions.
- Active participation during class is highly encouraged to optimize your learning experience!
Before taking this course, students should be able to:
- Possess basic computer navigation skills
- No prior programming experience is required
Students should be willing to:
- Actively participate during webinars by asking and answering questions.
- Respond to classmates’ posts with positive and helpful feedback.
Required books & materials:
- No books or materials required! All necessary materials and readings are provided in the weekly class homework.