Our Family Story
“I love how Bookform gives us an easy to use platform that facilitates making connections with family members. Since it’s part of a class, I found it easier to reach out to them for stories of their lives. Dr. Monita really helped me throughout the process and made it fun!”
~ Student, E.S.
|Instructor||Dr. Monita Leavitt|
|Content Levels||Grades 7-8 • Junior High|
Grades 9-10 • Lower High School
Grades 11-12 • Upper High School
|Course Length||8 Weeks|
|Live Webinars Held On||Mondays, 10:00 - 10:50 AM Pacific - Early Semester - 8/15/22 - 10/15/22|
Are you searching for ways to stay connected with loved ones during these times of COVID isolation? “Our Family Story” offers students an opportunity to develop their appreciation of family and to create a personalized book that captures their family stories and preserves their heritage for the future. Think about the importance of reaching out and communicating with family members to learn about their life!
Students will use FamilyBookform as the platform to add photos, record, and write their relatives’ stories in a digital book for one year after our 8-week course is over. Copies of their digital (and printable) book can be given as gifts to relatives. Your family’s stories will be treasured for generations to come!
To read more about Family Bookform, please visit their website.
Note to Parents:
- This course includes the digital version of your child’s book.
- Because the digital storybook will be hosted online for 1 year, your child can keep adding to their book if they want, even after our course has finished. Plus they can download the recorded oral stories and can download a PDF file of the book as many times as they would like.
Athena’s student, Virginia, wins the December 2021 Bookform competition!
What to expect in the classroom each week:
- Weekly tasks to help students to reach their goal of creating a printable digital book.
What to expect during the weekly webinar:
- Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Recorded sessions are available for students with schedule conflicts.
- Primary instruction and guided discussions are provided during live webinars.
- Active Participation (via the microphone and chat) is expected.
Before taking this course, students should be able to:
- To complete the final project, students should possess the skills needed to learn simple software.
- Collaborate with family and friends for contributions of photos and stories.
Required books & materials:
- Materials will be provided.