Rainbow Summer Club is a dynamic, supportive environment for LGBTQ+ kids and their allies. We will read books and articles, watch movies and documentaries, read and watch the news, and discuss our daily lives. This club offers a positive space for students who may feel marginalized in their daily lives or confused about their role in our current culture. The course is inquiry-based and has no set curriculum. The club will include additional sessions moderated by approved teen moderators.
IMPORTANT Note to Parents:
This course is not age-restricted. However, parents should be very sure of their student’s maturity level and intellectual level before enrolling:
- The course may not offer trigger warnings because we will be accessing materials dynamically.
- The course will explore works written at high school and college level.
- The course may include unrated or R-rated films.
- The course may include frank discussions of sexuality as initiated by students or professionals visiting the classroom.
- As such, the course may not be appropriate for younger students and students who suffer from anxiety.
A note about scholarships:
- A limited number of scholarships will be available for students current suffering economic distress in their households. Please contact the instructor for information.