Transportation IV: The Worldwide Tour – Junior Instructor – Middle Spring
“I really enjoyed learning about different countries’ forms of transportation! The research forums were challenging and really fun to do.” ~ Student A.A.
Step 1: Register Your Student
Step 2: Enroll Your Registered Student
|Junior Instructor||Patrick the Transportation Guide|
|Content Levels||Grades 6-7 • Middle School|
Grades 7-8 • Junior High
|Course Length||8 Weeks|
|Live Webinars Held On||Fridays, 8:00 - 8:50am Pacific - 3/24/23 - 5/20/23|
Transportation is an essential part of everyday life in the United States, but it is prevalent around the world as well. Countries approach transportation in different ways. Exploring their approach reveals intriguing details!
In this course, we will explore the broad trends relating to transportation around the world. We will look at unusual means of transportation practiced in specific areas! And we will explore the complex transportation systems between countries and learn about interesting quirks in many of the world’s transportation systems!
There’s a lot to explore!
The Transportation Series may be Taken in any Order:
- Transportation I: A Drive Along American Roads
- Transportation II: Trains, Planes, & Shipping Lanes
- Transportation III: A Trek Through Time
- Transportation IV: The Worldwide Tour
What to expect in the Required section in the classroom each week:
- One research forum – in which students are given the opportunity to research a marine mammal in the week’s group of marine mammals.
- One activity forum – in which students can show their creativity through an activity.
What to expect in the Highly Suggested & Optional sections in the classroom each week:
- Curated resources, including websites & videos, are provided to excite learners and to add depth to the subject matter.
What to expect during the weekly webinar:
- Weekly webinars are 50 minutes long. Webinars are recorded and are available for students with schedule conflicts.
- Primary instruction and guided discussions are provided during live webinars.
- Active Participation (via the microphone and chat) in online class discussions.
- An activity at the end of the webinar.
Before taking this course, students should be able to:
- Read at a solid 5th-grade level or above.
- Write a few sentences independently.
Students should be willing to:
- Actively participate (via the microphone) in the class discussion.
- Encourage class discussion by adding their questions/ideas in the chat window during the webinar.
- Respond with positive and encouraging comments on their classmates’ posts in the classroom forums.
Required books & materials:
- Weekly readings will be online, no textbook required.