Students log into their courses and live webinars on devices with Internet access such as PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, Microsoft Surface Pros, tablets, and smartphones using a supported browser.
Technical Requirements for Athena’s Classrooms:
- High-speed Internet is highly recommended.
- Classroom activities may require plug-ins such as Flash, Java, or QuickTime.
Technical Requirements for Athena’s Webinars:
- Live webinars work best with high-speed Internet.
- A working microphone or headset is required for live webinars. Headsets are strongly encouraged to reduce echo.
- Live webinars require compatibility with browser-based BlackBoard Collaborate Ultra.
- Visit Athena’s Sample Webinar Room to get a feel for our system. Please note that although audio will be enabled during the webinars, it is not enabled in our Sample Webinar Room.
- We recommend using Google Chrome™ for the best experience in the live webinars.
- To attend live webinars on a tablet or smartphone, students must install the free BbStudent app. On their smartphone or tablet, students log into their course at Athena’s, then click on the live webinar link to launch the BbStudent app.
- If you require assistance with the webinar system, please contact Blackboard Technical Support toll free in North America: 1 (877) 382-2293 or refer to their online technical support webpage for chat support, email support, and international phone numbers.