Students log into their courses and live webinars on devices with Internet access such as PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, Microsoft Surface Pros, tablets, and smartphones using a supported browser.
Technical Requirements for Athena’s Classrooms:
- High-speed Internet is highly recommended.
- Classroom activities may require plug-ins such as Flash, Java, or QuickTime.
Technical Requirements for Athena’s Webinars:
- Live webinars work best with high-speed Internet.
- A working microphone or headset is preferred for live webinars. Headsets are strongly encouraged to reduce echo.
- Live webinars require compatibility with browser-based BlackBoard Collaborate Ultra.
- Visit Athena’s Sample Webinar Room to get a feel for our system. Please note that although audio will be enabled during the webinars, it is not enabled in our Sample Webinar Room.
- We recommend using Google Chrome™ for the best experience in the live webinars.
- To attend live webinars on a tablet or smartphone, students should follow the instructions located in the (password protected) Athena’s Resources Room.
- If you require assistance with the webinar system, please contact Blackboard Technical Support toll free in North America: 1 (877) 382-2293 or refer to their online technical support webpage for chat support, email support, and international phone numbers.